Monday, April 23, 2007

What I've learned so far

Parenthood is the combination of gut instinct and abject terror performed one handed.

Babies can cry for no reason. Loudly.

Sleep is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

It's amazing what one can accomplish on 2 hours of said sleep out of, what day is it today?

Harlow is eating like she is preparing to hibernate underground for the winter. I haven't the heart to tell her that she has to get through a Memphis summer first.

Vanity doesn't go away. I'm trying to pretend that I don't mind my poor little one's greasy, broken out skin.

My heart is tripled in size. At least. As much as she exhausts me, challenges me,makes me doubt my abilities as a mother and a human being, she fills me up with a love that hurts to feel it.

And good God do I love sleep.

No comments:

Followers