Saturday, April 14, 2007

Week 2

We're practically into 2 1/2 weeks but I've hit the Wall, the big, fat Great Wall of No Sleep that makes simple things like updating a blog feel like a Herculean task. Thursday was Harlow's 2 week check up at the peds which meant our maiden voyage in the car together. It is understating things to the inth degree by saying I was a tad stressed. Caleb and I conducted a dry run with the car seat and it was surprisingly simple, but this was the thing - how could I drive the car and not be in the back seat with her at the same time? What if she cried or got scared or spitup or missed me? The only compromise was the backseat mirror which I managed to rig to show the top of her head. So I got her, the car seat, the diaper bag and me in the car, only to find that the landscapers had taken over the driveway next door which is literally connected to ours. So, I try to back up, the baby crying, the car frantically beeping at me not to hit the landscapers or their truck or the wheelbarrow or half dozen boulders scattered haphazardly around and CRUNCH. There went the plastic casing around the passenger side mirror. I am happy to report that, unlike my car, I did get my baby to the doctor in one piece. She got a glowing bill of health - she's up to 8 lbs 5 ozs already!
She also got the go ahead to attend her daddy's first ever Memphis gig at Otherlands, and naturally, she was a rockstar. Slept in the sling the entire time while everybody oohed and ahhed over her cuteness.

No comments:

Followers