Friday, March 09, 2007

1 cm!

Had my first exam today and was pleased to hear that my cervix has been doing its homework. I'm "at least" 1 cm dilated (I was gunning for 8, but I'll take what I can get) and while I didn't get a percentage on how effaced it was, the doctor assured me it "was what he liked to see." Is there anything a male gyno can say that doesn't sound inherently icky? My ob/gyn wasn't available today and I was none too pleased that I only had 2 options - a male doc that is a good family friend (eew) and another male doc who a friend of mine can't stand. Not wanting to be probed by a guy I spend the holidays with, I chose the jerk. And he was perfectly nice if not a little patronizing - he mentioned I had gained 3 pounds in one week which had me sputtering that the nurse wrote it down wrong - which she did - and he kept telling me to stop working out. It didn't make much sense. And then he congratulated me on doing well with my blood sugar, saying that there wasn't any sugar in my "tt."

My tt.

You know, the stuff that comes out of a bajingo.

Doofus.

No comments:

Followers