Wednesday, May 02, 2007

More me time


If the past 72 hours weren't obnoxiously me-friendly to begin with, yesterday I had 2 quick but delightful hours at the hair salon to get my seriously nasty rats nest groomed and apparently, frosted. There's this particularly distinctive look that some southern women rock, this stripey, white blonde thing, and somehow "subtle partial highlights" resulted in my new, stripey blonde mom do. Not happy. What are you gonna do.

And then there is the whole mystery ailment. I guess you call it an ailment. About a week after I gave birth, Inoticed that the skin around and on my knees hurt. A lot. Like, soft cotton sheets brushing against it felt like someone was lighting a match on my knee. Anytime I would put my knee on the bed, the floor, a chair, it flared up with pain. But I mainly ignored it with everything else going on. And then my knee started to go numb, and that caught my attention. My mom floated an interesting theory. One week before the pain came, I had a needle put into my spinal cord for the epidural. Now I have an intense nerve pain and numbness...in my knees. Yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me either, but I don't know what else to blame. It's kinda freaking me out. I'll see the neurologist on Monday.

We had a couple milestones today. Harlow has just started smiling when smiled at which rocks. my. world. but today, I swear she laughed. She'd been smiling and I started laughing and smiling back and then she starte wiggling and then let out this little mini squeal. It's a laugh in my book. She also reached out and touched a bunny rattle I held up to her. Next week she'll be getting her driver's license.

No comments:

Followers