Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Harlow: A Glossary

In addition to growing more and more curls on what seems like a daily basis, Harlow is now using compete sentences. Like:

I WANT MAMA

(usually at 3:00 AM)

I WANT DADDY

(Usually at 3:00:02 AM)

I WANT TO GO POTTY.

(typically while dining at a restaurant, just as food as served)

I WANT A COOKIE

(shortly after mama has bribed her with one)

I WANT JUICE

(immediately following a request for milk)

I WANT MILK

(see above)

I WANNA GO UPSTAIRS AND COLOR

(pretty impressive, huh?)

I WANNA CHANGE

(an ardent Obama supporter, this is her daily affirmation; could also refer to wiping and changing her baby doll, a purple bear with a moonscape on its belly, so no, not at all creepy)

I WANT BABANOOSH

(yes, our kid lives for middle eastern food. That's my girl)

I WANNA DANCE

( she gets down. She'll usually start to movin to whatever is on the radio, except if it's Britney. That's daddy's girl.)

I LOVE YOU

(told to me yesterday for the first time, after throwing her arms around me and pulling back to study my face. I was a bit too teary to see what she did next)

No comments:

Followers