Sunday, January 25, 2009

HI again

Yes, I know I'm supposed to be writing.

But I keep coming back to this picture of you, of your dad holding you up in the air, you with this smile that just slays me. I mean, it kinda knocks the wind out of me.

I've always known you are beautiful. But man, you are just something.

You talk to me, all the time. You have so many stories to tell, and I am legitimately sad that you are asleep because I'd love to hear more of them. And not just because I am procrastinating.

You are so full of questions, and I do my best to answer them. You stare at me and watch my lips move, and you ask more questions, and then you study study study. And then you ask another, and I answer, and you have NO IDEA what I just said, and you know I know, and you respond with this soft, kinda uncertain "Yeah" that makes me want to scoop you up and hug all that vulnerability right out of you.

I love you munchkin. I'm gonna get back to work now, but I just had to tell you.

No comments:

Followers