Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ta-dah!


Howdy!

It is with great pride and pleasure that I'm announcing pre-sales for my book, Veiled Remarks: A Curious Compendium for the Nuptially Inclined. The book will officially be on sale in a couple of weeks, and it will be available through my website and Amazon. (I'm also finalizing plans to have it carried locally, as well)

I plan to have a couple of book signings here in September, so stay tuned!

Wait.

Hold up.

What is this book thing, you ask?

It's the culmination of about 6 years of research, heartbreak, a wedding, a baby and a crash course in publishing. After planning one wedding that was never to be, I wasn't exactly up with matrimony and took great solace in reading stories about the dark side of such a storied ritual. Hell, it wasn't that long ago that marriage was glorified kidnapping and barter, so the stories of superstition, bizarre ceremonial rites and receptions gone wrong were legion.

A book idea was born.

Know a bride that can use a laugh? Married and curious about the history of the ceremony? Hate the idea of government sanctioned unions and will take great pleasure in reading about cell blocks specifically for homicidal Indian mothers-in-law?

Then this book is for you!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Congratulations. I LOVE the cover.

Followers