Thursday, May 29, 2008

Milestones

That's right. We got a walker.

Officially 14 months old today, and Miss Thing has decided that if no one is going to open up the fridge for her, she is just going to do it herself. Must be her daddy's midwestern genes.

She walked herself down the hallway to the entry and turned around and smiled.

I smiled back and crouched down, opening up my arms wide.

Come here, I entreated her.

She just smiled back and kept walking the other way.

And that made me cry a little.

So now she's walking, and saying SHOES! Not just shoes but full exclamation marks SHOES! - in context -and Da-DAH! and "cheese" (exciting but not nearly as exciting as SHOES!) and grabbing the car keys and letting herself out the front door.

I can't believe she's already 16 years old. How time flies.

No comments:

Followers