Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Babies R ExhaUSting

Saturday C and I made the 80th or so trek to Babies R Us to 1) pick up our ginormous crib box and 2) buy the Peg-Perego stroller that I was absolutely certain - after weeks of research - I wanted to buy. By the time we left 2 hours later, the PP stroller was history (sucker was freakin heavy - and that is without a baby or carseat in it!) and we drove away with a crib neither was sure the other one wanted.

I keep telling myself it's just a crib, what's the big deal? The big deal is that Caleb and I turned into design snobs (more specifically, he of wood, me of overall design) and I'm now drooling over modern offerings that are sleek, attractive and insanely expensive. To makes matter worse, freakin Walmart debuted the Roxanne crib, a sleek, attractive, and very WalMarty price of $300. The catch here is that you can only order it online and well, it's freakin Walmart. The crib we've bought is really beautiful, but it just has the slightest whiff of country kitchen. At least we can take comfort in the fact that the bed can be converted and reconverted into different configurations so that our little baby can conceivably use it until they've mailed out their college applications.

So now we have to go back to find 1)another stroller and 2) maybe buy the matching furniture dresser and changing table. 3) and a rocking chair and 4) a million other things we haven't gotten to on our to do list

Baby's not even here and already this is exhausting.

You wouldn't guess it from my dreams. Every night this week has involved some kind of cardio for me. Sunday Caleb and I did jumping jacks in a park. Monday I was running around the block, thinking maybe it wasn't such a hot idea for an 8 month pregnant lady to be out for a jog. And then last night - some artist had created a giant indoor/outdoor art installation at the base of an ampitheater, and I was sprinting in the dark, I mean running as fast as I could, on the outdoor track. My body felt so incredibly light and compact and free. But then I realized that sprinting at 9 months was probably not on the recommended list of activities for 9 month pregnant ladies. But I kept running anyway.

No comments:

Followers