Saturday, November 08, 2008

Ugh

I'm beginning to wonder if somewhere in our fall wardrobe Harlow and I have large KICK ME signs pinned to the back of our coats. It seems every virus that has been cruising for marks has found us since mid October. I mean, nothing has been serious, just seriously annoying in that the most gorgeous time of the year has to be enjoyed by staring out a window. This weekend alone we missed a free trip to Florida, twins' birthday parties, a holiday bazaar at my favorite store, ravioli making, a picnic at Shelby Forest and general rolling around in fall foliage goodness. To make things worse, Caleb has spent the majority of the week single handedly cleaning the house in preparation of listing while I sleep. And I know he is cursing me the whole time, not truly believing how completely miserable I feel, and I don't have a legitimate excuse like pregnancy to fall back on, so the guilt is just as bad as not being able to breathe. We did suit up and walk over to Otherlands this afternoon for a chance to escape the house. The day was wonderfully coat inducing but ultimately the kind of damp that your mama warns you will seep into your bones and catch you a cold. Turns out if you already have one it makes you feel about 10 times crappier.

But as next week is shaping up to be one of the busiest in recent memory, I'm content to let the Welcome to Fall, Bitch! Brigade have their way with me so I'll be good and ready.

Hope you are having lovely weekend. Go play in the leaves.

edited to say that my left ear finally cleared. Sounds sound so nice on this side of my head.

1 comment:

Sassy Molassy said...

You need to get you some Primal Defense or something.

Followers